Friday, December 11, 2009

A G.A.M.E. Plan Evaluation

Once again, looking back over my game plan, which was originally created by Katherine Cennamo, John Ross, and Peggy Ertmer in their book Technology Integration for Meaningful Classroom Use (2009), I will be evaluating how well the integration of NETS-T standards have been used in the plan.

Overall, my original GAME plan for integrating technology into my content area has been successful. The development and implementation of NETS-T standard 3c, “communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats (ISTE, 2008) has been successful. Choir web-pages have been successfully uploaded and linked to the schools website, and a concept map to help organize the ongoing development of the website has also been successfully established.

Presently, I am still developing a plan to integrate a class blog link on to the website for assessment and learning community purposes. Vicki Davis, IT director, teacher and co-creator of the Flat Classroom project suggests subscribing to an RSS reader to organize and monitor student blogs (Laureate, 2009). She also suggests that students be assigned tags for their work so that finding and subscribing to their blogs is made easier. Prospectively, I plan to develop and integrate her ideas into my own GAME plan.

In the future, I would like to extend the development of integrating technology into my content area, by staying updated and informed about technological developments through networking with other educators through Eduwiki, located at http://musiceduwikius.wikispaces.com , this was also suggested by Vicki Davis (Laureate, 2009). This site provides connections to almost every content area, allowing teachers with the same interest to connect and build grass root projects, keeping life long community based learning alive.

Resource:
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Program eleven. Spotlight on technology: Social networking and online collaboration Part 2. Integrating technology across the content areas. Baltimore: Author.

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie,

    I'm so glad to hear that your website is up and running. Congratulations!! Your future goal is the same as mine; collaborate with other educators in the same field. The music wiki that you referenced above looks like a great site. Although I don't teach music, I will bookmark that site and pass it along to the music teacher at my school. Thank you for sharing.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,

    Awesome job getting your website up and running, it must feel great knowing that you have accomplished this goal.

    I use an RSS feeder and I like that it allows a person to tag feeds so that they are organized and easy to find. I do not visit my RSS feeder often because I do not have the time to sit and read through the hundreds of feeds I receive a week. However, good organizing techniques also helps keep a person on track. Feeds are dated and are live -which alleviates any misunderstandings for when work is due. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie,

    Congratulations on getting your choir web page up and running. I was wondering if your students have had a chance to view the site and if so, what are their thoughts? I think that using an RSS reader will give you the necessary control to monitor your students on their blog postings.

    Thanks for sharing the wiki link. I am always looking for new ways to communicate with other physical education teachers and this could be a great gateway in allowing this to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J. Salomon,
    in regards to your RSS feeds are these connection to student accounts. If they are, I liked Teacher Nicole Allman's idea from this week Laureate DVD (2009)to have students from one class post to a blog you as the teacher has setup, that way everyone's blog from a certain class is in one place were everyone can see each others comments. She likened it to using a blog like a discussion board.
    Reference:
    Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Program eleven. Spotlight on technology: Social networking and online collaboration Part 2. Integrating technology across the content areas. Baltimore: Author.

    ReplyDelete