Sunday, December 27, 2009

Reflecting on the GAME Plan

The world today is changing fast and technology is the driving force. Therefore educators and students must be prepared to keep pace with the changes. In order to keep up with the changes you need a plan like the one Cennamo, Ross, and Ertmer (2009) developed the GAME plan. I have incorporated this plan into my own teaching career during the past eight weeks. So far I have successfully set up a website for my classes to use. This website will help students and parents stay organized and abreast of performance dates, class projects, class rules, enable them to print necessary forms and practice their repertoire. I plan to keep extending the usefulness of the site by planning for future additions of music based links. Today’s students can no longer be taught with just academic content in mind. The world is changing fast and technology is a driving force behind the changes. Students must be prepared to be competitive in a burgeoning global society. That is why I intend to use my website to help students further those skills.

Reference:
Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom
use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment